Tuesday 29 January 2008

This here is the place where I will stand!

Well as Nelson Mandella once said, "the longest journey starts with the smallest step" so today I started training for my London to Paris bike ride in July.

Having barely been on my bike for months I donned my lycra and did a steady 8-10 miles along the lanes around York. The sun was shining in God's own county and it was an enjoyable ride. The legs didn't feel too bad and I made it around without needing emergency medical treatment.

So with 176 days to go before I set off from London the big questions are:

  • Will my body stand the pace?
  • Will my old bike make it?
  • Is France ready for the sight of me in lycra?

Only time will tell!

4 comments:

Doorman-Priest said...

Well, well, well: who looks good in lycra?

Mike Rutter said...

Hey Danny - good to see you in cyberspace. I like the way you are starting with the yellow jersey....lead from the start!

Danny said...

DP and Mike,

Thanks for visiting my blog.

I thought I'd start off with the yellow jersey but I suspect by the time we reach Paris the Lantern Rouge (last placed rider) might be more appropriate.

bridhe said...

Hi Claudius,

Sounds like an exciting journey.
Keep up the good work.

I work at Christian Aid in the Interactive Marketing Team.

Would you mind dropping me a line when you get a second, I have an exciting proposition for you.
(bmcgroder@christian-aid.org)

Cheers,
Bridhe