Monday 30 June 2008

Tough at the Top







Yesterday we went out to watch the British Road Racing Championship which was being held near York. It was a real treat to see Britains top riders suffering on the same hills that I suffer on every week! It was a really good field which included some of Britain's top international riders such as David Millar, Mark Cavendish, Roger Hammond and Jeremy Hunt. It was a good course and we managed to see the race 9 times in all during the day. It was very agressive racing right from the start and at the end Rob Hayles emerged a worthy winner.

Its been another frustrating week for my training. I came back from my weekend at Wakefield Police College with another cold, my colleagues really are an unhealthy bunch! So I've been off the bike all week and still have a hacking cough. I'm off to Berlin for a few days tomorrow for a holiday with my son so I'm hoping that by the time I get back the cold will have gone and I will be able to get some serious training in before we set off for Paris. Only 23 days to go. Am I panicing? Of course I am!

No comments: