Saturday 19 July 2008

Cold, Wet and Miserable


I had my final training ride on Thursday and what a miserable affair it was! I set off in my summer waterproof and after a mile turned around and came home to get my winter training jacket because it was so cold. Then I got about 7 miles out and the heavens opened and I got absolutely soaked. The rain did stop after about ten minutes but by that time I was wet through so I had to do the rest of the ride in wet shorts and absolutely drenched socks, not the most comfortable experience I've ever had. Anyway I managed to get 44 miles in at an average speed of 15 mph.

I noticed in the local paper the other day that one of the houses that I pass on my training rides is up for sale. Its a lovely 14th century castle (see picture above) in a very pretty village called Crayke. The only problem is the price £3.5 million, a tiny bit out of my price range I think!


The Brits are continuing to have a good time in the Tour de France as Mark Cavendish has won the last two stages. This means that he has won four stages so far on this year's tour which is the most a British rider has ever won in a single Tour de France. Well done Mark.


Well I'm taking it easy this weekend in preparation for the big ride. I'll spend the weekend cleaning the bike and stocking up on energy bars. The Tour de France goes into the Alps this weekend so I will be watching the professionals suffer on the hills, I know how that feels!

No comments: