Tuesday 15 July 2008

One Week To Go



Just over a week to go now until we set off for Paris. I managed to get two decent training runs in over the weekend. On Friday I did a 33 mile ride and on Sunday I did 71 miles. The Sunday ride was over some quite hilly terrain and the legs felt quite good which I was pleased with. I averaged 15.3 mph for that ride which is OK for that distance. I will probably try and get one more long ride in this week before taking a breather ready for the big ride.

Spare a thought for my fellow London to Paris cyclist Pete who is nursing a sore head after trying to ride his bike through two trees instead of round them. Needless to say I won't be following Pete's wheel when we cycle to Paris. Get well soon mate.

I've been watching the Tour de France this week and we had another great stage win by the Brit Mark Cavendish on Saturday. Its a really good race this year and after over a week of racing there is still only one second separating the first two riders.

I've included a couple of photos of York at the top of this blog which I thought you might enjoy.

No comments: