Friday 16 May 2008

The Jury's Out on the New Saddle


I did 50 miles yesterday and I can't make my mind up about the new saddle. It does feel slightly more comfortable than the old one but not much. Its the difference between sitting on a sharp spike or a blunt spike!

I did the same run as last week out to Oswaldkirk and back through Byland Abbey, Coxwold and Crayke. There was a nasty headwind again which made it hard going. It has to be said that these long rides do get mind numbingly boring. Perhaps I should take a book to read! I tried out a new energy drink yesterday. I'm not sure that it gave me any more energy and it tasted disgusting. The place in the photo is called Gilling and its one of the many pretty villages that I pass through on my route.

The York City Gospel Choir concert last night was brilliant and we raised £311 for Christian Aid. Many thanks to everyone in the choir. Follow the link below to hear what they sound like.


No comments: