Friday 9 May 2008

That Saddle Has Got To Go!


I had another long ride yesterday. I rode up to Oswaldkirk which is north of York and then along through Ampleforth and Wass to Byland Abbey before heading back to York through Coxwold, Crayke, Tollerton and Shipton. It was just over 49 miles in total and took me 3 hours 19 minutes at an average speed of 14.8 mph. The last 12 miles was into a headwind so I felt pretty tired by the time I got home. The worst thing was the saddle on the new bike. I was OK for the first 30 miles or so but then the saddle started to get really uncomfortable. I think I will have to invest in a more comfortable saddle. It was a good ride though, a lovely warm sunny day with all the spring flowers out and lambs in the fields. The photo above is of a lovely little village called Wass which is near Byland Abbey.

Today I just did a short run of just over 12 miles which I did in 47 minutes at an average speed of 15.7 mph.. I didn't feel too bad to say that I'd had such a long run yesterday. I think doing four long rides on successive days in July is going to be very tough. The first day is OK, its when you have to get up and do the same again the next day that it gets hard.

Tonight I'm running a quiz night to raise funds for the school where I used to work. It should be fun, I've got some really tricky questions lined up for them. Here's a sneal preview of one:


What is the connection between the sixties pop group The Monkees and Tippex? Answer next time.

1 comment:

Doorman-Priest said...

Now don't misunderstand me, but I shall be thinking about your bum.