Wednesday 14 May 2008

Oh I Do Like to Be Beside The Seaside



Its been really nice weather in Yorkshire the last week so we've taken advantage of the good weather to go to the seaside twice. The coast is only an hours drive from York so its easy to get to. On Sunday we went to Bridlington which is a nice fishing town where we always used to go on holiday when I was a child. Last Tuesday we went to Whitby which is the place in the photos above. Whitby is a beautiful old fishing village with a lovely old church and ruined abbey on the clifftop. It was the setting for a scene from Bram Stoker's Dracula and it was also where Captain Cook set out from on his voyages of exploration. Its a great place for a relaxing evening and has some really nice bars and restaurants.

I had a frustrating training ride on Monday as I got a puncture which meant that I wasn't able to go as far as I had hoped. I did 28.2 miles in 1 hour 47 minutes at an average speed of 15.77 mph.

Today I went to the bike shop and bought a new saddle which hopefully will be more comfortable than the present one!

Tomorrow night (Thursday 15th May) we are having a charity concert at our church to raise money for Christian Aid. The concert is by the City of York Gospel Choir and starts at 7.30pm at St Clements Church, Scarcroft Road, York. If you can get to York you would be very welcome to join us. Admission is £4 which includes an interval drink.

No comments: